For the purposes of this document, the terms Client, Owner, Pet Owner, and Customer are synonymous with the person contracting services for one or more domestic animals.
To ensure the well-being & maximum safety of both the client pet(s) and the pet’s carer we require all our clients to read, sign and follow our terms & conditions.
Legal /Service Request Documentation:
- A signed Service Request form must be provided to your sitter before service is provided for any period.
- T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services cannot service a home with “Visiting” pets that do not belong to the resident of the service site without separate sets of agreement forms, including a Legal Considerations Agreement, accepted and signed by each rightful owner(s).
- The terms of this document apply to all the pets owned by the client, including any and all new pets that the client obtains on or after the date this document was signed.
Reservations & Payments:
- Deposit in full is due at time of reservation to hold/confirm booking. Reservations are not held until payment in full is received.
- Prior to Service Commencement – Cancellations: Cancellations advised to T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care with less than 14days notice prior to service commencement date our clients will incur a 50% cancellation fee. (% applies to entire service period total):
- During Regular Service – Cancellations: Cancellations advised to T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care during service with less than 7days notice our clients will incur a 100% cancellation fee for balance of invoiced period.
- Early Returns: Clients returning home early a 40% fee will be deducted from your refund for the balance of schedule days not serviced if early notice of minimum 72 hrs. is not given to T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services.
- Unpaid Service may be cancelled by T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care without notice, including prior to or during the service period.
- Public Holidays – A 40% surcharge applies to all public holidays.
- Sundays– A 20% surcharge applies to Sunday services.
Key Requirements & Fees:
Client Key Handover:
- It is preferred that clients supply keys at our free meet & greet. If unable to do so alternative arrangements to be discussed during the consultation.
- If additional key arrangements are required for either pick up or return, our clients will incur a fee of minimum $15.00. The fee will only apply if a separate trip is required by T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care pet sitter in addition to the service trip.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure the pet sitter can gain easy entrance access to your pet during every service. It is the client’s responsibility to fix faulty locks, doors difficult to open and remove any obstruction to gate or house entry.
- The client will be accountable and incur full locksmith fee if locksmith required to gain/regain access to your home. To fix faulty locks, or no back up key is provided to sitter or back up key left in a location on property.
- Must be provided by the client to the sitter prior to each new service booking if not retained by TBone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care.
- If a backup method of entry is not provided by client: The client will incur
- A $10 per key charge will apply if the pet sitter is required to have key duplicated on client behalf.
- Our client held keys are securely kept and are identified only by a number system not an address.
- Most regular clients prefer to take advantage of our key storage service.
- The keys remain the property of the client at all times.
- For short term clients T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care can leave the keys in the agreed place at your home on completion of T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care last visit for the paid period service.
- Clients are responsible for pet-proofing the house, balconies and yard, and the security of fences/gates/latches.
- T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care will not be responsible for the safety of any pet/s, or held liable for the death, injury, disappearance, or legal consequences of any pet with unsupervised access to the outdoors.
Animal & Human Endangerment:
- Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services may use their discretion to stop/suspend the service at any time that a pet poses a danger to the safety or health of itself, other pets, other people or the Pet Sitter.
- If concerns prevent the Pet Sitter from continuing servicing your pet, the Owner will be contacted immediately for alternate care arrangements.
- All subsequent charges, including but not limited to transportation, kenneling, treating, accessing, tranquilizing and liability, will be the responsibility of the Owner and not T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services.
Dog Walking & Pet Sitting:
- The Pet Sitter reserves the rights to refuse to take any dog if they show aggressive behavior at time of pick up or signs of illness and or are taking medication for transmittable virus or sickness.
- The Pet Sitter reserves the rights to refuse to take any dog if they show any inappropriate, abnormal behaviour at time of pick up or during service as well as behaviour that the pet sitter has brought to the owner’s attention has not taken measures to address or the owner has ignored.
- The Pet Sitter can and will only consider dogs that have been fully vaccinated, council registered, socialized, have a non- aggressive behavior and pets that have been spaded or neutered.
- Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services will only ever consider unleash walks for regular clients, dogs who T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care sitter has built a relationship and trust with, dogs who have the appropriate nature behaviour, dogs who are dog friendly, people socialized and dogs who will come on call/command.
- Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care walking services are provided during all weather conditions, however T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services have the rights to refuse to walk any pet during any weather conditions that both the pet & the dog walker’s safety & well- being can be or are at risk. This includes thunder, lighting & strong wind gales.
- Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care is not responsible for any damage to property of the client or others unless such damage is caused by the negligent act of the Pet Sitter.
- Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care accepts no responsibility for loss to the premises if other individuals have access to a client’s home, or if the home is not properly secured by others during the service period.
- Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to the premises if prior to commencement of service, Owner/Client had not formally notified T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care of everyone who has been granted access to the home during the service period. All other individuals that visit the home to leave a log of their visit.
- T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care will take the appropriate measures to care for your pot plants, however cannot be held responsible for wilted, dead or otherwise unhealthy plants.
- The client is to ensure all indoor pot plants are placed on a water proofed surface, as your pet sitter is not responsible for water damaged areas.
- Clients to provide watering equipment, any plant food requirements with instruction for the caring of your plants.
- Pet Owners are responsible for supplying the necessary, safe equipment/supplies needed for the care of their pet(s), including but not limited to a sturdy well-fit harness (halter, collar, etc.) A lead rope or leash for walks or in case of emergencies, medicines, pet food, cat litter, dog shampoo, pet towels, outdoor pooper-scooper, litter boxes, cleaning supplies to be provided.
- If more than one pet, items to be clearly labeled with pet’s name per individual item.
- Pet Owner agrees to be responsible for the following payment of all authorized purchases, as well as service fees for obtaining items. The client is required to reimburse T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services within 7 days for all purchases made on the client’s behalf.
- Client’s now have the option to leave a money- kitty with enough funds to purchase pet supplies on the client’s behalf during client’s absence. Your pet sitter will leave purchase receipts and balance of Kitty dollars on kitchen bench on completion of full service.
- If your pet(s) require medication, T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care must be fully informed and equipped to cater for your pet/s medical needs.
- It is the Pet Owner’s responsibility to ensure sufficient amount of medication is supplied to T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care for the duration of the period the medication is required whilst your pet is in the care of the Pet Sitter.
- Pet Owners are responsible for supplying a copy of written up to date vaccination proof – cats require current F3 & dogs require current C5.
- No walks will be considered if your dog’s vaccinations are not up to date.
Emergency Veterinarian Services:
- T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services are authorised by the client to seek any emergency veterinarian assistance needed during visits, at the cost of the client, from any veterinarian as chosen by the sitter if unable to reach client’s preferred vet service provider issued at initial consultation.
- It is the Pet Owner’s responsibility to sign and return Veterinary Release Agreement Issued by T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care back to T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care at the free consultation or prior to commencement of service.
This agreement, this contract permits T. Bone’s Dog Walking & Pet Care Services to accept all future telephone, on line, mail or email reservations and provide service without additional signed legal considerations agreements is valid from the date signed, and replaces any prior Legal Considerations agreements. The client agrees to any future term changes supplied by written correspondence to the client, mailed or emailed or posted on our website under the heading Terms & Conditions.
The owner/client states that he/she has read this agreement in its entirety and fully understands and accepts its terms and conditions.